Sunday, January 15, 2012

Project 52

I got this idea from my friend Stacey who got the idea from one of her friends.  I'm setting 52 goals for the year 2012.   The idea isn't setting 52 goals but having something to work on for the 52 weeks in the year.  I loved this idea! Tyler and I had come up with a few goals for us for the year, but I really liked the idea of putting a little more thought into and going outside the box of "eat healthier, workout everyday, keep this clean, don't do this" I wanted more things to help me grow as a wife, friend, future mom, future Air Force  officer, and all around person.

I will admit that after reading Stacey's list, I liked some of her goals so much that I decided to use them as my own! Thanks Stacey! Oh! And since we don't really have a steady income and we're moving in March, I'm not going to be able to start on some of my goals until after May when the paychecks come rolling in or July when I'm back from tech school.

So, without further ado, here's my list!

1. Have full emergency kits for both cars
2. Read entire Book of Mormon
3. Complete the Insanity workout
4. Have friends over once a month for dinner/games/sports (when we move to Kansas; July-December)
5. Go to Sea World in San Diego
6. Blog at least once a week
7. Find a craft, idea, recipe and do twice a month
8. Get 1 1/2 mile run time down to 12 minutes
9. Try a new cupcake recipe twice a month
10. Have girls night out once a month (in Kansas/Texas)
11. Start journal-ing again and write at least once a week
12. Do 1 romantic thing for Tyler once a week
13. Develop and adhere to a budget for 6 months
14. Read 2 doctrinal books; Elder Bednar's "Inspirational Learning" and another one
15. Send out monthly birthday cards and on time
16. Rememorize the Articles of Faith
17. 100% Visiting Teaching for 3 months, once I have sisters to visit teach in Kansas
18. Read 10 books that aren't military related
19. Memorize the Ranger and Special Forces creeds
20. Start 2 savings accounts, 1 strictly for emergencies and 1 for the future
21. Put $100.00 into savings every month
22. Have our apartment completely together to my liking before 20 April
23. Max pushups on the PT test
24. Do 3 pullups on my own
25. Deep clean the kitchen once a month
26. Read Hunger Game series
27. Read scriptures at least 30 minutes daily
28. Donate clothes/shoes I don't wear or need anymore
29. Find and shop at a farmer's market
30. Transfer a black and white photo to a canvas
31. Get hair cut and colored 3 times
32. Skype with mom at least once a week; once I get her and teach her how to use a web cam :)
33. Finish my Beauty and the Beast cross stitch
34. Use "...and I'm a Mormon."
35. Keep kitchen sink clean of dishes
36. Register, participate, and complete a Tough Mudder race
37.  Run 10K in the Air Force marathon
38. Send "I'm thinking of you" cards to mom once a month
39. Send friendship cards to Kylie and Alison once a month
40. Drink 28 bottles of water every week
41. Take cake decorating class at Michaels
42. Do a wedding scrapbook
43. Do a "Our First Year" scrapbook
44. Out do Tyler on a 6 mile roadmarch
45. Volunteer in community/on base at least once a month
46. Organize filing cabinet for important documents
47. Plan for a Wichita, Kansas Christmas
48. Start a food storage plan for Tyler and I
49. Take a fitness class
50. Shop at the strip mall in Kansas City every other month
51. Out of the house date once a month, when we're together
52. End the year with the attitude: I did my best  this year and bring it on 2013!



It's the third week of the year, so I'm getting a little of a late start. But that's okay! I'm ready to get started!



Mom bought me a Martha Stewart cupcake book yesterday and I'm ready to start trying out those recipes! Bring it on Monday!

1 comment: